- First electric stove patented (1896)
Apricot Cilantro Quinoa Pilaf
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 Cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 Cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
Dried apricots sprinkle this quinoa pilaf with chewy, sweet fruit flavors which balance crunchy, toasted pumpkin seeds. Cilantro and lemon juice brighten this hearty, healthy grain salad. This recipe comes to us from Jen Brody of Domestic Divas.
See all apricot recipes.
Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
Rinse the quinoa in a colander under cold water for 2 minutes. Add the quinoa, stock, and apricots to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or according to package directions.
When the quinoa is cooked through, remove the pot from the heat and fold in the pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Finish with lemon juice, to taste. Garnish with some extra cilantro and enjoy.