Vegan Apple Crisp Muffins Recipe
- Cooking spray, for the muffin tin
- 1 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
There’s nothing quite like warm, fluffy muffins emerging from the oven in the morning to get the kids (and grown-ups) out of bed. Rolled oats and whole-wheat flour make this variation of an apple crisp healthier than your average muffin. — Will Budiaman
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray to prevent sticking and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices together until well combined. Add the applesauce, sugars, and maple syrup, then stir until almost combined. Add the apples, stirring until just combined.
Spoon into muffin cups ¾ full. Sprinkle additional oats and brown sugar over the top, if desired. Transfer to the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-25 minutes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts