Anytime Turkey Chili
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15 ½-ounce can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can solid-pack pumpkin
- One 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One 14 ½-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
There’s no need to wait until after Thanksgiving to try this recipe. Turkey is a lean, healthy source of protein that’s great other times of the year as well. Try this as an alternative to pork or beef chili.
In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, green pepper, oregano, and cumin in oil until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in the beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, broth, water, brown sugar, chili powder, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the turkey and heat through.
Calories per serving:315 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free