Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson to Host 'The Taste'
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Anthony Bourdain may be switching over to CNN, but ABC will also be showing his famous face on their new cooking show, The Taste, Eater reports.
As previously reported, Bourdain is teaming up with Nigella Lawson for a new reality cooking competition, with Lawson and Bourdain heading a panel of four judges. Like The Voice but with food. Is Bourdain the next Simon Cowell? Most likely.
"Anthony Bourdain’s trademark of holding nothing back coupled with Nigella Lawson’s extensive culinary experience create a strong backbone for a completely innovative cooking competition," Caroline Kusser, a representative for SevenOne International, said in a press release.
ABC has picked up eight episodes of the show, and Bourdain and Lawson will choose cooks to mentor based on dishes. According to the press release, "In each episode there are two challenges; a team challenge and an individual challenge. At the end of each show the mentors must decide together who to eliminate." We wonder what the classic send-off line will be.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts