Food Tank, in partnership with The George Washington University, is excited to announce the 1st Annual Food Tank Summit on January 21st and 22nd, 2015 in Washington, D.C.!
This two-day event will be held in the Jack Morton Auditorium (former home to CNN's Crossfire) and feature more than 75 different expert speakers from the food and agriculture field.
Researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students will come together for interactive panels on topics including; urban agriculture, workers in the food system, food waste, family farmers creating resilience in the food system, true cost accounting, democratizing innovation, and much more.
PLEASE NOTE: Food Tank is offering a limited time 15 percent OFF early bird registration. The event will SELL OUT (we are already >50% sold). Please REGISTER TODAY and use promotional code “EARLYBIRD” at checkout. For those unable to attend in person, the entire event will be offered for free via livestream on FoodTank.com.
Kathleen Merrigan, Executive Director of Sustainability at The George Washington University, will kick off the conference with a keynote speech. “I’ve talked with thousands of women in agriculture – from young women thinking about entering farming to older women who have been tilling the soil for decades. Each of their stories is powerful on its own. But taken together, they have been an inspiration to the entire country,” said Merrigan. The Food Tank Summit will bring these stories and more to center stage at GW University this January.
This two-day experience will feature dynamic discussions with participants from around the world!
The exciting line-up of speakers in alphabetical order includes (many more will be added -- stay tuned):
- Tom Adkins, Open Organize
- David Aylward, Ashoka
- Patricia Beneke, United Nations Environmental Program
- Laurie Benson, 1% for Women
- Jonathan Bloom, Author, American Wasteland
- Steve Brescia, Groundswell International
- Emily Broad Leib, Harvard Law School
- Katie Campbell, ActionAid
- Michael F. Curtin, Jr., DC Central Kitchen and The Campus Kitchens Project
- Scott Davis, Panera Bread
- Diana Donlon, Center for Food Safety
- Debra Eschmeyer, FoodCorps
- John Fisk, Winrock International
- Jerry Glover, National Geographic
- Chandler Goule, National Farmers Union
- Brian Halweil, Edible Manhattan; Author, Eat Here
- Karen Hansen Kuhn, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Wenonah Hauter, Food and Water Watch
- Pamela Hess, Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food & Agriculture
- Jill Isenbarger, Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture
- Nabeeha Kazi, Community for Zero Hunger & Humanitas Global
- Ivy Ken, George Washington University
- Jeremiah Lowery, Restaurant Opportunities Center DC
- Aaron McCloud, Cedar Restaurant Rooftop Garden
- Kathleen Merrigan, GW Sustainability Institute
- Dr. Peter Myers, Integrated Healthcare Associates
- Brad Nelson, Marriott Corporation
- Danielle Nierenberg, Food Tank
- Thomas Pesek, International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Bernie Prince, FreshFarm Markets
- Janet Ranganathan, World Resources Institute
- Vicky Rateau, Oxfam America
- Kathryn Russell, ONE Campaign
- Sara Scherr, EcoAgriculture Partners
- Frank Sesno, George Washington University
- Paul Shapiro, The Humane Society of the United States
- Liz Shuler, National AFL-CIO
- Ben Simon, Food Recovery Network
- Coach Mark Smallwood, Rodale Institute
- Julie Stein, Wildlife Friendly Enterprise Network
- Roger Thurow, Chicago Council on Global Affairs; Author, Enough and The Last Hunger Season
- Baldemar Velasquez, Farm Labor Organizing Committee, AFL-CIO
Reminder - Food Tank is offering a limited time 15 percent OFF early bird registration. The event will SELL OUT. Please REGISTER TODAY, use code “EARLYBIRD” at checkout.
Can’t make it to D.C? The event will also be available via live-stream on www.FoodTank.com! Have a speaker suggestion? Email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.