Ann Romney Writes a Cookbook
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Home Food Cures for Poison Ivy and Other Summer Bummers
- 11 Foods That Are Killing Your Sex Drive
- Someone Invented Quidditch Beer Pong and It’s Just as Glorious as it Sounds
- Ryan Gosling Eats His Cereal in Memory of Deceased Creator of Popular Meme
- Morrissey Compares Serving Meat at Live Earth Concert to ‘Selling Pistols at a Gun-Control Rally’
Ann Romney, wife of former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, has written a cookbook called “The Romney Family Table." In it, she "shares a unique blend of heartwarming (and often humorous) stories, homegrown traditions, and hearty recipes that have brought her family together," according to a description on the publisher's website.
The “photo-filled” cookbook will include Romney family favorites such as “Mitt’s Meatloaf Cakes, homemade ice cream, and Welsh Skillet Cookies,” the latter of which she passed around on a campaign plane last year.
In an interview, Romney cites her children—and a suggestion from one of her five sons—as her inspiration for writing the book, as well as her family background. “I come from a line of good cooks,” she says, and wanted to write about “cooking with love.”
“The Romney Family Table” will be released October 1 and is already available for preorder at some online retailers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts