Ann Romney Writes a Cookbook
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Ann Romney, wife of former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, has written a cookbook called “The Romney Family Table." In it, she "shares a unique blend of heartwarming (and often humorous) stories, homegrown traditions, and hearty recipes that have brought her family together," according to a description on the publisher's website.
The “photo-filled” cookbook will include Romney family favorites such as “Mitt’s Meatloaf Cakes, homemade ice cream, and Welsh Skillet Cookies,” the latter of which she passed around on a campaign plane last year.
In an interview, Romney cites her children—and a suggestion from one of her five sons—as her inspiration for writing the book, as well as her family background. “I come from a line of good cooks,” she says, and wanted to write about “cooking with love.”
“The Romney Family Table” will be released October 1 and is already available for preorder at some online retailers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts