America's 10 Most Romantic Restaurants
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Romance is sort of like chocolate chip cookies — everyone has a recipe they swear by. But whether you’re a Vandross guy or a John Mayer gal, the dating formula always requires meals together — some of them identifiably romantic, if things are going well. And though not enough credit is given to the amorous effects of an out-of-the-way snow cone stand, a candlelit, sit-down dinner for two really has no peer.
Romantic restaurants usually share a few similar qualities. Dim lighting is a must, close enough quarters for hand-holding are probable, and stunning views are likely. Food, of course, must be taken into consideration, as it's difficult to get in the mood when confronted with a scalded bisque or underdone game hen.
These romantic restaurants excel at all of the above. They span the country, located in bustling city centers and the wide-open spaces of the Texas countryside alike. As the old song goes, love is all around.
— Nikki Metzgar, HowAboutWe...
More from HowAboutWe:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts