- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
America's 10 Most Romantic Restaurants
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Why, Wylie?’ Wylie Dufresne Is Closing Alder at the End of the Summer
- Woman Told to Eat Outside or Leave for Bringing Her Service Dog Into a Restaurant
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
Romance is sort of like chocolate chip cookies — everyone has a recipe they swear by. But whether you’re a Vandross guy or a John Mayer gal, the dating formula always requires meals together — some of them identifiably romantic, if things are going well. And though not enough credit is given to the amorous effects of an out-of-the-way snow cone stand, a candlelit, sit-down dinner for two really has no peer.
Romantic restaurants usually share a few similar qualities. Dim lighting is a must, close enough quarters for hand-holding are probable, and stunning views are likely. Food, of course, must be taken into consideration, as it's difficult to get in the mood when confronted with a scalded bisque or underdone game hen.
These romantic restaurants excel at all of the above. They span the country, located in bustling city centers and the wide-open spaces of the Texas countryside alike. As the old song goes, love is all around.
— Nikki Metzgar, HowAboutWe...
More from HowAboutWe:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts