America's 10 Most Romantic Restaurants
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Grant Achatz Is Opening Alinea Pop-Up Locations in Miami and Madrid
- Fancy French? Homey Delis? Red-Sauce Italian Joints? Say Goodbye to All of These and More
- David Burke fabrick Celebrates First Birthday with Special Menu
- Hooked on Cheese: Le Charme of Charm City
- Pete Wells Gives 3 Stars to Scandinavian Aquavit in Midtown Manhattan
Romance is sort of like chocolate chip cookies — everyone has a recipe they swear by. But whether you’re a Vandross guy or a John Mayer gal, the dating formula always requires meals together — some of them identifiably romantic, if things are going well. And though not enough credit is given to the amorous effects of an out-of-the-way snow cone stand, a candlelit, sit-down dinner for two really has no peer.
Romantic restaurants usually share a few similar qualities. Dim lighting is a must, close enough quarters for hand-holding are probable, and stunning views are likely. Food, of course, must be taken into consideration, as it's difficult to get in the mood when confronted with a scalded bisque or underdone game hen.
These romantic restaurants excel at all of the above. They span the country, located in bustling city centers and the wide-open spaces of the Texas countryside alike. As the old song goes, love is all around.
— Nikki Metzgar, HowAboutWe...
More from HowAboutWe:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts