Alton Brown Shows How to Saber Champagne
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
Chef, writer, and TV host Alton Brown promoted his latest book, Good Eats 3, on Jimmy Fallon’s show on Friday, and decided to pull out a couple of wine bottle-opening tricks.
For example, if you don’t have a corkscrew, use an electric drill and a hook from a potted plant. Or, use that sword you have laying around, because sabering champagne “is a skill you need.”
Watch below to see both Brown and Fallon slice a champagne bottle, Brown preferring an “authentic 19th-century French-like cavalry saber.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts