Almond Butter Cookies
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup whole-wheat pastry flour, or regular whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cups smooth, unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 36 whole almonds, about a heaping 1/4 cup
A whole-wheat and almond butter version of the Chinese cookie classic. These treats are an ideal partner-in-cookie-crime to a cold glass of milk or a cup of afternoon tea.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl whisk together the flours, salt, and baking soda. In another large bowl beat together the butter, almond butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until well combined. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, bending well.
Shape the dough into ¾-inch balls, and place on the baking sheets. Place an almond in center of each cookie and press down lightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Calories per serving:79 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Sodium Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free