Alinea's Edible Balloon Even Produces Helium Chipmunk Voice
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Grant Achatz has done it again; over at Alinea, they've created an edible green apple balloon, with an apple leather string, naturally.
The balloon is filled with helium and topped with sugar, and the restaurant suggests that diners put their lips to the balloon and inhale the helium, or simply prick it with a needle.
The diner below opted for the first strategy, and chose to sing the opening of "The Star Spangled Banner." Watch below and enjoy.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts