- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Alinea's Edible Balloon Even Produces Helium Chipmunk Voice
Recipe of the day
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Climbs to the Top of the Space Needle in Seattle
- Chef José Andrés: Donald Trump Is a ‘Clever Maniac’
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Follow Australian Chef Adam Liaw on Social Media
- Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
- Jonathan Waxman and Gavin Kaysen Team Up for JBF’s Taste America in Minneapolis
Grant Achatz has done it again; over at Alinea, they've created an edible green apple balloon, with an apple leather string, naturally.
The balloon is filled with helium and topped with sugar, and the restaurant suggests that diners put their lips to the balloon and inhale the helium, or simply prick it with a needle.
The diner below opted for the first strategy, and chose to sing the opening of "The Star Spangled Banner." Watch below and enjoy.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts