Alinea's Edible Balloon Even Produces Helium Chipmunk Voice
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
- Michelin-Starred Indian Chef Vikas Khanna Reportedly Approached for Hollywood Biopic
Grant Achatz has done it again; over at Alinea, they've created an edible green apple balloon, with an apple leather string, naturally.
The balloon is filled with helium and topped with sugar, and the restaurant suggests that diners put their lips to the balloon and inhale the helium, or simply prick it with a needle.
The diner below opted for the first strategy, and chose to sing the opening of "The Star Spangled Banner." Watch below and enjoy.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts