- Alton Brown born (1962)
Alinea's Edible Balloon Even Produces Helium Chipmunk Voice
Recipe of the day
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
Grant Achatz has done it again; over at Alinea, they've created an edible green apple balloon, with an apple leather string, naturally.
The balloon is filled with helium and topped with sugar, and the restaurant suggests that diners put their lips to the balloon and inhale the helium, or simply prick it with a needle.
The diner below opted for the first strategy, and chose to sing the opening of "The Star Spangled Banner." Watch below and enjoy.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts