'Ace of Cakes' Duff Goldman Jumps Into Marriage Equality Debate
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Looks like the lesbian couple who got turned away from an Oregon bakery might be getting something even better; Duff Goldman (otherwise known as the Ace of Cakes) has sent out an open offer to bake and transport their wedding cake, gratis.
The executive chef of Charm City Cakes in Baltimore saw the story online and tweeted, "@HuffPostFood: Bakery owner denies lesbian couple a cake http://t.co/tuwwSv9u" @Charm_CityCakes I'll make that cake for free. Fally?"
Goldman, who saw the story via HuffPo, told HuffPost Live, "I saw this story and I was like, 'Wait — I can do something, there’s injustice involving a cake!'"
The Oregon baker behind Sweet Cakes Bakery refused to bake a wedding cake for a same sex marriage, saying it was against his religion. Goldman, however, says it doesn't make any sense. "It’s petty, it’s small... this man has wrapped up his hatred in the cloak of religion," Goldman said. And if Goldman whips up anything like his insane inauguration cake, that couple in Oregon is going to be very happy.
Update: Goldman has been baking up same-sex wedding cakes for a while now, tweeting the following in the response:
@thedailymeal I've been fightin' this fight for ten years.
— Duff Goldman (@Duff_Goldman) February 5, 2013
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts