ABC Comedy 'Mixology' Gets 3 More Stars to Drink Bespoke Cocktails
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Looks like mixology is going mainstream; ABC has cast a pilot for a show titled Mixology, from The Hangover writers Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. The premise, which does not seem to involve a struggling wannabe mixologist stuck in a bro-town bar, reportedly "chronicles the exploits of singles, five guys and five girls, in search of love — all over the course of one night."
Naturally, the setting will be a "sexy" Manhattan bar, Deadline reports, with five guys and five girls taking the night as it comes. Blake Lee (Parks & Recreation) will play Tom, a squeaky clean accountant recently dumped by his longtime girlfriend. Andrew Santino will be Bruce, Tom's "brutally honest" best friend from college. Mercedes Masohn will be Maya, a sports attorney and "gorgeous ballbuster."
The three will be joining Kate Simses, previously cast as Liv, "the alt-cute, smart, deeply indecisive girl" who is engaged to a boring investment banker and is having second thoughts. Hipster girl potentially bored by financially successful guy? Sounds just like Girls, except set in Manhattan. Now if only Andy Samberg would make an appearance as a mixologist of love, we'd be set.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts