Wahlberg's UK Wahlburgers Expansion Not Happening
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
News about Mark Wahlberg's interview with British publication Metro, detailing the expansion plans of his burger shop venture with his brothers to England and Ireland, made headlines this morning. However, according to a spokesperson for Wahlburgers and chef Paul Wahlberg, the news is far from true.
The Metro article quotes Wahlberg as stating that he and his brothers plan to open "a bunch" of Wahlburgers in Britain and Ireland this year. However, the restaurant's spokesperson set the record straight by explaning that there are no concrete plans at this time to open new Wahlburgers, especially internationally. She went on to explain that they have considered the possibility of expanding to a second location in the Boston area (the original opened in Hingham, Mass., this past October), but it's nothing more than a concept right now. The interview also reported specific figures from Wahlberg about how much the restaurant brings in each day ($17,000), but the spokesperson also denied the accuracy of this claim.
As the culinary professional in the Wahlberg family, chef Paul runs the day-to-day operation at Wahlburger, serving high-end patties and hot dogs to a constant stream of hungry customers. The restaurant is known for their specialty burger combinations and for topping their creations with melted "government cheese".
Word to ya mother, Wahlburger bros, the world is clearly looking for you to expand nationally and overseas.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts