Little Girls Sell Lemonade for Bitcoins
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
A pair of adorable blonde moppets in San Francisco have brought the lemonade stand into the 21st century and are actually accepting Bitcoins for their lemonade and snickerdoodles.
According to Motherboard, the two little girls have set up Mia And Taylor's Coffee Shoppe in San Francisco's upscale Noe Valley. The coffee shop sells lemonade, coffee, and cookies for a dollar each, but their little cardboard storefront also has a large QR code printed on its awning and a hand-written sign announces, "We take Bitcoins."
“These adorable little girls just sold me snickerdoodles for Bitcoin in San Francisco. I asked them to say cheese for the internet :),” said a Reddit user who took a picture of the girls and posted the story online.
The cookie business seems to be doing quite well, as the girls have managed to earn .083 Bitcoins, or just over $70. That's not just cookie money, though. Some Reddit users have apparently made donations in support of the ingenuity of accepting Bitcoins at what is essentially a lemonade stand.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts