- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Coca-Cola Cures Persimmon Stones
Recipe of the day
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
- Remember That Time Berkeley, California, Tried to Tax Soda? Apparently It’s Not Working Out
Persimmons are sweet and delicious and have high levels of vitamin C, but enjoying too many can cause people to develop "persimmon stones." But persimmons can now be enjoyed with impunity, as doctors say the cure for persimmon stones is just drinking Coca-Cola.
Persimmon stones, or bezoars, often form in the stomachs of people who eat many persimmons. Persimmons have high amounts of tannins and pectins, and when combined with stomach acid they can form indigestible stones in the stomach. But according to Shanghaiist, several doctors say the stones are cured by drinking Coke for a few days.
One doctor said that a 24-year-old patient with severe persimmon stones was completely cured after she was told to drink a liter of Coke a day for three days. That patient was apparently the third this month cured of persimmon stones by drinking Coke, though doctors say the treatment is best for younger people because of their "more dynamic stomach."
With an easy cure for persimmon stones on the table, check out some of our best recipes for some good ways to enjoy persimmons.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts