Coca-Cola Cures Persimmon Stones
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- 8 Drinks That Help Fight Diabetes
- New Product Offers ‘Wine Without the Hangover’… Because There’s No Alcohol in It
- Soda Company Celebrates ‘Deflategate’ with Flat Sodas
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Teams Up with Keurig for Forthcoming At-Home Cold Beverage System
- Scientists Treat Alcoholics with a Fake Bar and Colored Water
Persimmons are sweet and delicious and have high levels of vitamin C, but enjoying too many can cause people to develop "persimmon stones." But persimmons can now be enjoyed with impunity, as doctors say the cure for persimmon stones is just drinking Coca-Cola.
Persimmon stones, or bezoars, often form in the stomachs of people who eat many persimmons. Persimmons have high amounts of tannins and pectins, and when combined with stomach acid they can form indigestible stones in the stomach. But according to Shanghaiist, several doctors say the stones are cured by drinking Coke for a few days.
One doctor said that a 24-year-old patient with severe persimmon stones was completely cured after she was told to drink a liter of Coke a day for three days. That patient was apparently the third this month cured of persimmon stones by drinking Coke, though doctors say the treatment is best for younger people because of their "more dynamic stomach."
With an easy cure for persimmon stones on the table, check out some of our best recipes for some good ways to enjoy persimmons.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts