Coca-Cola Cures Persimmon Stones
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Persimmons are sweet and delicious and have high levels of vitamin C, but enjoying too many can cause people to develop "persimmon stones." But persimmons can now be enjoyed with impunity, as doctors say the cure for persimmon stones is just drinking Coca-Cola.
Persimmon stones, or bezoars, often form in the stomachs of people who eat many persimmons. Persimmons have high amounts of tannins and pectins, and when combined with stomach acid they can form indigestible stones in the stomach. But according to Shanghaiist, several doctors say the stones are cured by drinking Coke for a few days.
One doctor said that a 24-year-old patient with severe persimmon stones was completely cured after she was told to drink a liter of Coke a day for three days. That patient was apparently the third this month cured of persimmon stones by drinking Coke, though doctors say the treatment is best for younger people because of their "more dynamic stomach."
With an easy cure for persimmon stones on the table, check out some of our best recipes for some good ways to enjoy persimmons.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts