9 Easy Ways to Emulate 'The Great Gatsby'
Today on The Daily Meal
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Jay-Z, and Tobey Maguire Toast to 'Gatsby' and More Celebrity News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Celebrates 'Gatsby' in Cannes Style and More Celebrity News
- Leonardo DiCaprioTakes a Break From Acting, Parties With Jonah Hill and More Celebrity News
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Reunite Over Dinner and More Celebrity News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Stopped Eating Red Meat Thanks to Leonardo DiCaprio and More Celebrity News
Like most of America, we first fell in the love with The Great Gatsby during our high school English class. From the glitz and glamour to the mysterious protagonist, Fitzgerald’s 1925 novel is pure box-office bait.
The Roaring Twenties tale has been translated to film five times, with the 1974 version starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow being the most notable. From the looks of the over-the-top trailers, filmmaker Baz Luhrmann’s 3-D take promises to be a spectacular reinterpretation, à la his gutsy versions of Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge!
With sumptuous sets and costumes and a heavyweight cast — Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, and Joel Edgerton — the movie, which opens May 10, has us envious of the era’s lavish lifestyle. Just like Jay Gatsby, we’re vying to recreate the past. Travel back to the 1920s with us with these nine easy tips straight from Target’s very own entertaining and lifestyle expert, Sabrina Soto.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts