9 Cinnamon Recipes
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
With fall just around the corner, it’s time to break out the cinnamon spice to warm up your dishes. Most people assume cinnamon is solely used in baking, but it can also add flavor and warmth to savory dishes. Cinnamon is among the spices used in curries, can accompany savory apple dishes, and is also a key ingredient in Mexican hot chocolate. With a spicy taste and aromatics, cinnamon has infinite possibilities when cooking throughout the fall season.
With cinnamon’s many uses, we put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with inventive ways to use the spice. Here are some of the highlights.
• Anne Newsome of The Saturday Evening Pot combined cinnamon with pork and apples for an easy slow cooker recipe. Anne is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
• Lauren Gordon is the Entertain editor at The Daily Meal and she spiced up her mom’s chili with aromatic cinnamon.
• The winner this week is Carly Goldsmith, the copy editor at The Daily Meal. Carly added cinnamon-spiced tomato sauce to steamed cauliflower for a nutritious and savory dish.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $30 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts