Sexy Wine Labels
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Sex sells, we all know that. Wine being an adult beverage, it would seem like sex would be a happy partner for marketing, but to date its use has been sparce.
That seems like it’s about to change. While there has been some undercurrent of sexy images on many wine labels over the years, it hasn’t been very pronounced. Is there a point where it crosses the line? I am reminded of the famous line uttered by Justice Potter Stewart in 1973 regarding pornography:
“I shall not today attempt further to define [obscenity]; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it... ”
Ultimately, there are people who will take offense with these labels, as there are people who take offense at the whole notion of alcohol being legal. We regard these issues as personal conclusions that we each must reach. Marketers need to appeal to enough of the population to make their efforts popular, and are not against turning off a segment of the population in the process.
So where do you fall on these sexy, salacious, and sometimes downright saucy wine labels?
— Gregory Dal Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts