8 Memorable Food Scenes from 'Peanuts'
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
At 27 years old, army veteran and cartoonist Charles M. Schulz never could have imaged that he’d create a four-panel cartoon that would be celebrated nationwide for more than 60 years. But when the Peanuts gang appeared in seven newspapers on the morning of Oct. 2, 1950, an entire country was captivated by Charlie Brown and his gang of friends.
We fell in love with the bald-headed boy with bad luck and waited all week to see what adventures he and his whip-smart friends and silly dog would get into. It wasn’t long after their debut when the Peanuts gang appeared in their first animation series for the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show sponsored by Ford Motors. The first feature film was the now Christmas classic A Charlie Brown Christmas in 1965. To this day we wait for Peanuts holiday specials to air, and fall in love with the quirky kids all over again.
We have no trouble at all recalling some of the more iconic scenes from Peanuts, like Lucy pulling away the football from Charlie Brown or Snoopy’s famous Red Baron scene. But while the gang has gotten into plenty of scuffles around football and other fun adventures, they also have plenty of fun food scenes for us to reminisce about as well. Who could forget Snoopy pulling together a wacky Thanksgiving dinner or Charlie Brown eating lunch all by his lonesome self? The gang even had their shot at endorsements, with great food commercials and adorable appearances on food labels.
Take a walk down memory lane with us and check out some of the funny moments the Peanuts crew had with food that will warm your nostalgic heart in no time!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts