8 Foods You Should Never Freeze
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
When you make enough soup to feed a family for months, you can just pop it into that time capsule we call a freezer.
Read More: 8 Foods You Should Never Freeze
But not every leftover can survive that deep freeze. Frozen food stored at a constant 0 degrees will always be safe, the U.S. Department of Agriculture explains — but that doesn’t mean it will always be palatable.[slideshow:
Check out this list before you pop something in the freezer to avoid an icky surprise in a few weeks. And be sure to check out our guide to how long food lasts in the fridge, too.
— Nancy Ryerson, HellaWella
More From HellaWella:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts