- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
8 Drinks to Boost Your Metabolism
Recipe of the day
- 10 Smoothies So Easy Even Kids Can Make Them
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
Around this time of year — that is, shorts and swimsuit season — you tend to see a lot of buzzwords for the body-conscious being thrown around in the food-writing arena. Things like "waistline-friendly" and "calorie-burning" and "metabolism-boosting." And why not? For those who’ve been hard at work at the gym getting ready for a warm-weather wardrobe, it seems only fitting to support a healthy lifestyle with a diet that works toward that same calorie-burning goal.
As it pertains to food, this often means consuming metabolism-boosting dishes packed with so-called "warming" ingredients like chiles, ginger, and spices. But why not complete the equation with drinks that can also help give your metabolism a bump?
Some choices are obvious: Coffee, green tea, water — but did you know that if you drink any of those iced, you’ll get even more metabolism-boosting benefits? According to Dr. Oz, "Iced drinks force your body to work to warm up, which burns more energy." Other great options come in the form of whole-fruit smoothies and juices, often accented with cinnamon, cloves, or fresh ginger.
Read on to learn about eight easy-to-make-at-home drinks to help boost your metabolism.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts