8 Awesome Après Ski Spots
Recipe of the day
- Culinary and Golf Extravaganza Coming to Prestigious Riviera Nayarit
- World’s 30 Best Ice Cream Parlors
- 10 International Restaurants with Amazing Architecture
- The World's Toughest Tables: 9 Restaurants That Are Almost Impossible to Get Into
- 6 Outrageous Hot Dogs That Are Totally Normal Somewhere Else
While most travelers who opt for a skiing or snowboarding vacation do so for the love of these adrenaline-fueled sports, a highlight for many is the after-skiing ritual known as après ski.
Après ski (literally "after ski") is a time when skiers (and increasingly snowboarders) fresh off the slopes and often still wearing their gear, stop in to mountainside lodges and bars for a drink or snack before heading downhill one last time for the day.
While most ski resorts boast enviable views, few can also claim equally enviable epicurean offerings. The Daily Meal has found eight awesome après ski vacations worth the trip.
From alfresco marshmallow roasting at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek’s nightly s’mores happy hour in Avon, Colo., to a ski-up bratwurst and beer bar at Montage Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, these eight awesome après ski experiences are likely to make you skip the slopes and head straight for the food.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts