7 Picnic-Ready Recipes for a Great Afternoon
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We’ve finally reached the time of year fit for picnicking — spring! With summer quickly approaching, it’s only going to get warmer and you can make these picnic-ready recipes into beach-ready recipes.
Getting the menu just right is important, especially when dealing with warm weather and eating without a table and chair. When you think about lounging on a blanket in the grass or in the sand, finger-friendly foods are ideal.
Sandwiches are picnic menu musts, but why should you resort to the plain old ham and cheese sandwich routine when there are plenty of other dishes to be had?
With fresh, seasonal ingredients, hearty greens, and a crusty loaf of bread, lots of new and exciting recipes take precedence over simple deli sandwiches every time.
We’ve rounded up lighter in calories, bolder in flavor recipes from our Culinary Content Network that will make your afternoon excursion well worth it. We’ve got salads, we’ve got sandwiches, and we’ve got cookies. Hey, you need dessert, right?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts