7 No-Cook Summer Soups
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The last thing anyone wants to do in the middle of a heat wave is to light a burner and start a fight between the stove and the air conditioner in the kitchen. But just because it's summer doesn't mean that you can't cook indoors.
Chilled soups are a refreshing respite from the oppressive heat and are a great option to start a healthy dinner. Here, we rounded up seven easy recipes that take just minutes to prepare and won't make you break a sweat.
Highlights include a Cucumber and Buttermilk Soup that's garnished with chunks of cucumber and sourdough croutons for an interesting textural counterpoint to the smooth and velvety soup; a Chilled Pineapple Gazpacho for anyone looking to start dinner with a tropical twist; and a Watermelon Soup with Fresh Lobster that is perfect for company. For more recipes, be sure to check out the slideshow.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts