- Todd English born (1960)
7-Eleven Wants to Send You Into Space
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
As a kid, didn't you always dream of taking a trip through outer space? Well 7-Eleven has recently joined forces with the social networking site Foursquare and the producers of the new sci-fi film Super 8 to make that classic childhood fantasy a reality for one lucky winner.
Hopeful space-goers can enter the Check Into Space Contest by dropping by one of the chain’s 7,000 nationwide branches and “check-in” using the Foursquare mobile application on their phone. Other prizes include free tickets to see Super 8 (which hits theaters today) and the chance at a Zero-G Experience weightless flight, but only the lucky 888,888th “check-in” will win the once in a lifetime visit to space.
So while you may have stopped drinking slurpees back in high school, for the next month you might consider re-instating the old habit. Who knows, you could just make it to the moon if you do!
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts