7 Easy Enchilada Recipes for Busy Weeknights
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Enchiladas are a great option for busy weeknights — as long as you have tortillas and a few basic pantry ingredients, you're in the game. But you can make them really exciting in a number of ways. Customize the fillings by using a variety of meats (maybe even some of that leftover grilled chicken from the night before), vegetables (grilled poblano peppers, anyone?), and fresh herbs and spices. To help speed you on your way, look for jarred enchilada sauce in the international food aisle at the grocery store. And to up the health quotient, use whole-wheat tortillas instead of flour or corn for that extra boost in fiber.
So, if you're ready to wrap dinner up, check out the highlights below:
- Executive editor Arthur Bovino shares a recipe for chicken enchiladas with a roasted tomatillo salsa that's absolutely delicious. Click here to see Angie's Enchiladas Verdes.
- For a great vegetarian option, try Lindsay Nixon's Smoky Black Bean Enchiladas. Nixon is the author of The Happy Herbivore.
- And Cat Cora offers a twist on a classic with her Healthy Enchilada Pie.
For more great recipes, be sure to check out the slideshow.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts