- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
6 Roasting Pans We’ll Be Using This Thanksgiving
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Buy a Spatula Designed by Your Favorite Celebrity Chef and Support No Kid Hungry
- Now You Can Sync Your Favorite New York Times Recipes to Evernote
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Bisquick
- Using the Samsung Smart Fridge Could Expose Gmail Credentials to Hackers
- This Musical Utensil Is Both a Spoon and a Slide Whistle
It’s a widely known fact that most Americans spend the majority of their fall planning for Thanksgiving — inviting their families, planning their tablescapes, and last but not least, finalizing their menu. While guests, décor, and the recipes are all important, how many people think about their cookware?
We’re thinking not that many do. With all of the costs that surround Thanksgiving — from the booze to the food — why would someone replace their roasting pan from their wedding registry 25 years ago when it’s done the job just fine every year since?
While we don’t recommend tossing away your boiling pots or sauté pans every year, we do think that some cookware could use a little updating now and then. Today, we give you six good reasons for why you should invest in a new roasting pan this year, with a roundup of our favorites. From size and durability to unusual perks, these roasting pans have our eyes glistening at the site of them, and we think they’ll convince you to update your Thanksgiving hardware, too.
Anne Dolce is the Cook Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @anniecdolce
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts