5 Wines of Portugal
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
With all the recent focus on things like chardonnay and white rhône blends, it's easy to overlook the fact that not every region or variety is so widespread to warrant two weeks of intense inspection.
By that same token, there can be a propensity to over do the focus on those wines that have big followings at the expense of the little guys. Not to call Portugal a little guy, but wine wise they sort of are.
That doesn't mean that Portuguese wines aren't worth checking out. As I've said before, they can be exceptional and because they are not hugely popular, they can also be great values. Today let's swing through Portugal and pick out some wines to get any budding oenophile excited about discovering Portugal’s great vinous treasures.
— Gregory Dal Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts