5 Ways to Make Chili, Whenever
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The temperatures are dipping and winter is here, so what I am planning to make this evening? Chili, of course!
For a long time I thought there was only one kind of chili — the red sauce, meaty, bean-filled kind (unless you're from Texas, obviously. Then skip the beans). While the heavy, one-bowl meal is good every once in a while, I also like soups and stews with lighter tastes and textures, using different meats and flavorings.
Once I started cooking on my own I realized that there are, in fact, many kinds of delicious chilis out there. There is vegetarian chili, chicken chili, white chili — you name it! Just regionally, there are so many differences between Cincinnati and Texas chili, not to mention green chili. I love all of them for staying warm in the winter. Click through our slideshow to see a few of my favorite chili recipes.
— The Naptime Chef, Babble
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts