- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
5 Tastes of Philadelphia
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
Philadelphia is home to some of the most important historical monuments in our country, including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and Betsy Ross' house. But it is also home to some pretty iconic American foods, such as the Philadelphia cheesesteak.
Follow this guide and you’ll know which classic corners to stop at for cheesesteak — because some are better than others — and which restaurants let you bring your own bottle of wine to enjoy with their menu. By the end of your visit, you’ll have experienced some Philly favorites!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts