5 Smoothies to Fuel 5 Fall Fun Activities
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Oftentimes, when the weather gets chilly we are guilty of becoming couch potatoes. There is something about the cold that makes our blankets plead with us to stay under the covers and snuggle up. The kids are back in school, and Saturdays feel like they should just be lazy. But did you know that the percentage of children in the United States ages 6 to 11 who were obese increased from 7 percent in 1980 to nearly 18 percent in 2010? And the percentage of kids ages 12 to 19 who were obese increased from 5 percent to 18 percent? Too much couch potato-ing definitely will not help battle the odds.
But autumn is no time to sit inside anyway — there is a world of fallen leaves to rake and jump in, there are brisk soccer fields ready for eager little feet to play on, and there are orchards of apples just waiting to be picked. The fall season calls for action, and you and your family should be eager to conquer it all. And when you map out a full day of fun fall activities, you have to be really ready to take on the day. Since you have such a busy day ahead, cooking an elaborate breakfast might be out of the question, but the little ones won’t make it without the proper nutrition. One solution parents can turn to is the tasty option of breakfast smoothies.
Smoothies offer families quick convenience without compromising nutritional value. Since dairy products are packed with essential protein, calcium, riboflavin, and vitamin B12, these smoothies can help fuel a busy day and be burned off in no time. We paired some delicious smoothies with fun fall activities to keep you and your family moving in this brisk air!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts