5 Refreshing Mexican Beers
Recipe of the day
- New Ciders from Angry Orchard and Crispin Cider Company
- 9 Low-Calorie, 'Light' Craft Beers for Summer
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
Let’s be real: you can’t drink tequila and margaritas all day long on Cinco de Mayo. But the other choice drink of Mexico, beyond agave, is a drink that can in fact last you all day — sessionable, easy-drinking beer.
The beers of Mexico often aren’t as complex as the craft beers you will find in the U.S., but that doesn’t mean they’re all in the same realm as Coors and Bud Light. (Despite Anheuser-Busch’s recent deal to buy Grupo Modelo, one of the largest breweries in Mexico.) When looking for a Mexican brew to go with your tequila shot, or hey, even your Cinco de Mayo tacos and quac, you’ll find sessionable pilseners and lagers that will have you feeling good in no time. And of course, no one will deny the power of Corona, the top-selling Mexican beer in the U.S.
Click ahead to find the best Mexican beers on the market, and taco recipes to go with them. And hey, there’s always one Mexican beer and taco pairing we can stand behind: any beer with the Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme. Yeah, we said it.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts