5 Protein-Packed Vegan Meals
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
A varied, plant-based diet usually provides plenty of protein without engaging in complicated food-combining regimens, using tons of special supplements, or eating "fake meat" at every meal.
Beans, lentils, whole grains, soy foods, and portobello mushrooms are naturally high in protein, making them an excellent addition to all types of vegan meals.[slideshow:
A significant protein content makes these meals filling, satisfying, and sustaining. The breakfast options will help you power through your morning, the protein-packed lunches will stave off that afternoon slump, and you just might find that you’re not looking for your usual bedtime snack when you choose one of these hearty dinners.
So give them a try, and let us know what you think!
More From One Green Planet:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts