5 Protein-Packed Vegan Meals
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
A varied, plant-based diet usually provides plenty of protein without engaging in complicated food-combining regimens, using tons of special supplements, or eating "fake meat" at every meal.
Beans, lentils, whole grains, soy foods, and portobello mushrooms are naturally high in protein, making them an excellent addition to all types of vegan meals.
A significant protein content makes these meals filling, satisfying, and sustaining. The breakfast options will help you power through your morning, the protein-packed lunches will stave off that afternoon slump, and you just might find that you’re not looking for your usual bedtime snack when you choose one of these hearty dinners.
So give them a try, and let us know what you think!
More From One Green Planet:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts