5 Perfect Vegan Pies
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
If you thought our feature on vegan cheesecake (Vegan Cheesecake – Can It Be?!) was amazing, get ready to be blown away!
This collection of plant-based pies is mouthwatering, decadent, and more diverse than you might expect. With a nice mixture of raw and baked pies — chocolate, fruity, coconut, and even pumpkin varieties — your new favorite is most definitely in this mix![slideshow:
These pies are just as creamy, flavorful, and delicious as their traditional counterparts, but without all the cholesterol, saturated fat, and animal cruelty. They make use of wholesome ingredients like nuts, coconut, and dried fruit for their amazing crusts, fillings, and toppings. So pick one to make, and let us know how it turns out!
More From One Green Planet:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts