5 Edible Souvenirs From Paris
Recipe of the day
- ‘Nearly Disastrous Plunge’ of Serbian President’s Plane Blamed on Co-Pilot’s Coffee Spill
- EU Gives Thailand 6 Months to Stop Illegal Fishing Practices or Face Costly Import Ban
- The 10 Companies That Produce 90 Percent Of Our Food
- Which Hot Sauce Are You, Based on Your Astrological Sign?
- 9 Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets You Won’t Find in America
For many English speakers, a souvenir is an object brought from one place to another to symbolize a person’s travels. From an Arizona license plate key chain, engraved with one’s name, to a baseball cap or a store-bought seashell from Miami, a souvenir is a gift that says "sorry you couldn’t join me on my travels but here is a random object to show you what you missed and that I was thinking of you."
For the French speakers in the world, "un souvenir" is literally translated as a memory. A memory poignant, special, and unique enough that you want to share it with your closest friends and relatives.
Paris, the city of love that's rife with culture, life, and cuisine, is a destination for those in touch with their senses. A Parisian excursion enlivens sight, smell, hearing, and, our personal favorite, taste. The home of macarons, madeleines, éclaires, and pains au chocolats, Paris is a sweet-tooth’s paradise and a place where most of one’s shopping will probably consist of culinary purchases (whether for oneself or as "souvenirs" for others.) Here are a few good ideas of delectable, edible souvenirs to bring home to your loved ones to make them jealous… er… to share your fond culinary "souvenirs" of the City of Light.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts