That $450 Starbucks Card? It's Now $1,000 on eBay
Today on The Daily Meal
- People Actually Built These Amazing Gingerbread Houses
- How To Host The Perfect Gingerbread House Competition
- Amazon Offers Easy Way To Donate While Finding The Best Cyber Monday Deal
- 6 Interesting Facts about Anthony Bourdain
- Major Fast-Food Workers’ Wage Strike Across 150 US Cities Planned for December 4
December might be the month of extravagance (see: insanely expensive Christmas dinners), but this is getting out of hand. After Starbucks' $450 steel gift card sold out in a minute (and only $400 goes toward coffee), the limited-edition card popped up on eBay. And the lowest price we could find? $600.
In fact, we can probably guess that most of these cards will cost around $1,000. Forbes reported that one of the cards sold for $1,074 on eBay, and HuffPo reports that more than 100 cards are being auctioned off on eBay.
Most of the cards are currently between $600 and $1,000 in the bidding zone, but this a**hole is selling it for $8,000 under the "Buy It Now" option. It doesn't even include free shipping. At least this seller who is asking for around $5,000 includes shipping in the offer. Also, just so you know, a home espresso maker might be a better gift. Because at the end of the day, if you pay $1,000 for the card, you're still only getting $400 of coffee and a piece of steel.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts