That $450 Starbucks Card? It's Now $1,000 on eBay
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Plans to Open in Ferguson, Mo. Following #RaceTogether Campaign
- Starbucks Is Introducing a S’mores Frappuccino on April 28
- All Those Single-Serve Coffee Pods Are Hurting Coffee Farmers
- America’s 50 Best Coffee Shops
- Expanded Starbucks College Plan Offers Full Tuition at Arizona State University for All Employees
December might be the month of extravagance (see: insanely expensive Christmas dinners), but this is getting out of hand. After Starbucks' $450 steel gift card sold out in a minute (and only $400 goes toward coffee), the limited-edition card popped up on eBay. And the lowest price we could find? $600.
In fact, we can probably guess that most of these cards will cost around $1,000. Forbes reported that one of the cards sold for $1,074 on eBay, and HuffPo reports that more than 100 cards are being auctioned off on eBay.
Most of the cards are currently between $600 and $1,000 in the bidding zone, but this a**hole is selling it for $8,000 under the "Buy It Now" option. It doesn't even include free shipping. At least this seller who is asking for around $5,000 includes shipping in the offer. Also, just so you know, a home espresso maker might be a better gift. Because at the end of the day, if you pay $1,000 for the card, you're still only getting $400 of coffee and a piece of steel.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts