4 Spring Salad Ideas
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
In New England, April has arrived. Meaning: it’s still wicked cold and rainy. ‘Round here’ we are longing for a taste of spring right about now. The experts promise next week will be warmer, so I planted my lettuce and arugula in hopes of an early harvest. As my friend Lee says, “It’s Connecticut, you don’t like the weather? Wait five minutes.” Here are four surprisingly simple and colorful salad ideas that will help remind you that spring actually is here. (If you're lucky enough to be in a warm part of the world, then you can celebrate that you already have spring!)
Top fresh spring asparagus with a nutty oil and bright orange zest for a refreshing dish.
Tarragon is a great spring and summer herb that provides a spicy addition to the dressing.
A simple salad that gains a boost of flavor with Kalamata olives.
A light salad that works perfectly as an appetizer or alongside grilled fish or meats.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts