25 Romantic Little Foods to Bring on a Picnic Date
Your no-fail picnic menu has arrived!
With spring in full bloom and summer on the horizon, picnics are popping up all over the place. Get in on the fun — grab a date or a few friends and make an afternoon of fine food and good times. When filling up the picnic basket, throw away the usual go-to sandwich idea and create a menu full of seasonal, fresh ingredients. Also, don’t forget dessert — and Nutella is a must!
1. Little things on skewers! — Melon, ham, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, artichokes
3. Sangria: Make your own and transport in jars.
4. Muffaletta: The New Orleans sandwich is the perfect picnic food. Cut into slices before you leave and you have yourself handheld scrumdiddlyumptious-ness.
5. Tiny sandwiches: Try tiny sandwiches — think tea time. If you want to go all nuts, cut the sandwiches into shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Bite-sized fruit like strawberries, cherries, pineapple, and grapes.
7. Sushi: I don’t usually think sushi is a great date food, but if you’re on a picnic date, it’s another story. It’s perfectly portable and easy to eat.
8. Risotto balls: There’s something sexy about risotto, isn’t there? Since that’s too tough to bring on a picnic, shape it into balls.
9. Stuffed dates: I like to stuff them with almonds, and then roll them in powdered sugar.
10. Silly candy: Like Sweet Tarts or Pop Rocks. This is so you don’t take your picnic too seriously.
11. Soft cheese and crackers: Brie and crackers or bread sticks are classic for a reason — they’re delicious.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).