25 Romantic Little Foods to Bring on a Picnic Date
Your no-fail picnic menu has arrived!
Today on The Daily Meal
With spring in full bloom and summer on the horizon, picnics are popping up all over the place. Get in on the fun — grab a date or a few friends and make an afternoon of fine food and good times. When filling up the picnic basket, throw away the usual go-to sandwich idea and create a menu full of seasonal, fresh ingredients. Also, don’t forget dessert — and Nutella is a must!
1. Little things on skewers! — Melon, ham, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, artichokes
3. Sangria: Make your own and transport in jars.
4. Muffaletta: The New Orleans sandwich is the perfect picnic food. Cut into slices before you leave and you have yourself handheld scrumdiddlyumptious-ness.
5. Tiny sandwiches: Try tiny sandwiches — think tea time. If you want to go all nuts, cut the sandwiches into shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Bite-sized fruit like strawberries, cherries, pineapple, and grapes.
7. Sushi: I don’t usually think sushi is a great date food, but if you’re on a picnic date, it’s another story. It’s perfectly portable and easy to eat.
8. Risotto balls: There’s something sexy about risotto, isn’t there? Since that’s too tough to bring on a picnic, shape it into balls.
9. Stuffed dates: I like to stuff them with almonds, and then roll them in powdered sugar.
10. Silly candy: Like Sweet Tarts or Pop Rocks. This is so you don’t take your picnic too seriously.
11. Soft cheese and crackers: Brie and crackers or bread sticks are classic for a reason — they’re delicious.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).