- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
25 Kitchen Essentials Newlyweds Need
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Make Your Own Beachfront Boardwalk Treats for an End-of-Summer Bash at Home
- This Turkish Couple Spent Their Wedding Reception Handing Out Food to Refugees
- A Grande Affair to Remember: Barista Marries Former Customer at Starbucks
- 5 Budget-Friendly Recipe Tips for an Outdoor Summer Engagement Party
- Last-Minute Tips on Hosting Your Outdoor Wedding Reception
Being engaged is an incredibly exciting time in a person's life. An engagement acknowledges your ability to function as one with another person and it shows your ability to deal with their weird quirks, their strange habits, and perhaps even their inability to put the dishes in the dishwasher. But as the wedding planning gets underway, it can get incredibly hectic and become almost impossible to really stop and think about your future needs.
Enter the wedding registry. The wedding registry is a couple's chance to just think purely about themselves. It's a reason to be selfish and to look at all the things you've ever wanted and toss them onto a list. It's a time when it is socially acceptable to tell people what kind of presents you're pining for.
Of course, creating a wedding registry can be a stressful feat in and of itself. There are so many different things to choose from. Going into the store armed with a scanning gun and a list is daunting, and can lead to choosing ridiculous items you don't even need (hello, Snuggie for Dogs). Instead, take a peek at our list of suggestions. Consider this your guide to choosing the must-have items to keep your kitchen well-stocked and prepared. This list goes beyond dishes and silverware to help you get stocked up with essentials you’ll use every day. You can't live without these fabulous items. Trust us, we've tried.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts