- Labor Day
2013 Travel Trends (So Far)
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
Halfway through the year is long enough to start identifying some of 2013’s biggest travel and food news trends. From the next wave of culinary destinations to demands for transparency from major fast-food chains, we’ve rounded up the biggest news affecting how, what, and where we should eat when on the road.
We’ve followed up on some of our predictions from the beginning of the year while also highlighting global trends that have emerged in recent months. It may be no surprise that more and more menus nationwide are revamping with healthier options, but who could have foreseen the cancellation of room service?
And on that note, who knew that helicopter/drone-like "waiters" would actually be put to use?
Check out the slideshow for a look a look at the world of food and travel, so far. Who’s to say if these trends are here to stay, but we’re keeping tabs, nonetheless.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts