- Moldy Cheese Day
20 Sports-Crazy Restaurants
Recipe of the day
- Dumpling Restaurant Sues Copycat Rival for Stealing Dozens of Recipes
- This Gourmet Japanese Restaurant Only Serves Canned Food
- Lady Gaga’s Former Personal Chef Opened a Restaurant in New York City
- This is the Best Way to Send Back Food in a Restaurant
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
Americans sure love sports. Seen the commercial where the guy walks through his house, pausing the high-tech TV in every room so as not to miss a single play? That meticulous dedication to every pass, shot, and hit has been applied to creating sports-themed restaurants across the U.S.
Many restaurants, like Mickey Mantle's, Seau's, Harry Caray's, and Ozzies' were obviously started by sports icons and personalities. But this isn't a list of the best restaurants owned by athletes. Rather, it's a look at eateries that have taken on all facets of sports or athletic endeavors.
High-definition televisions, projection screens, memorabilia, the ubiquitous spinach and artichoke dip, these are cornerstones of sports-themed eateries. But these 20 sports-crazy restaurants take things to the next level with interactive games, free shuttles to games, hockey sticks hanging overhead like Swords of Damocles, eating challenges — even a golf ball busting through a restaurant facade.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts