19 Ice Creams You've Never Tried
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
It seems like every week, some ambitious soul comes out with the latest and greatest in luxurious food creations, from pizza topped with four varieties of caviar and truffles to a grilled cheese stuffed with fried macaroni and cheese on a doughnut bun. In the world of frozen treats, the stakes are just as high, as people come out with one outrageous dessert after another.
How over-the-top? Well, some of these concoctions are just plain bizarre. Take for example a Japanese ramen soup topped with two soft-serve ice cream cones, or a baked potato fashioned out of vanilla ice cream and cocoa.[slideshow:
Then there's the overly luxurious sundae (courtesy of Serendipity 3 and Three Twins Ice Cream), the overly large variety (thanks to Cabot's Ice Cream and Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour), and optical illusion extravagances like the bite-sized confection from WD~50 that looks like a bagel but is actually a scoop of bagel-flavored ice cream.
Whether you're seeking a gilded gelato-filled treat or a towering display featuring a classic ice cream sundae, these outrageous desserts are sure to inspire.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts