18 of Halloween’s Creepiest Cakes
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Most of the time, the word "cake" is usually accompanied by adjectives like "sweet" and "beautiful." We are used to gazing at cakes and admiring their loveliness or marveling at their artistry. It isn’t often that we seek out a cake that makes our spine tingle and our stomach quiver. But when Halloween rolls around, we can’t help but marvel in the gory glory that the season calls for.
Bakers are constantly pushing the boundaries of cake design. With each passing season, the cakes get more elaborate and the details get more intricate. Throw in the added task of making a cake that would make Dracula run away faster than a throwing a bulb of garlic at him would and you have yourself a challenge worth accepting. With limitless options of how to create a cake that makes us shake in our boots, inspiration lurks behind every door.
Some of these cakeries got their inspiration from classic Halloween movies like Nightmare on Elm Street and Tim Burton’s The Corpse Bride. Others channeled the eerie allure of Victorian gothic skulls or blood-splattered tiers in their cake designs. No matter if these cakes were at a Halloween party or even at the center of a wedding, we guarantee you’ll sleep with one eye open and a fork in hand after taking a peek at these ghoulish sweet treats.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts