- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
16 Malts and Milkshakes to Make This Summer
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
Is there any drink more iconic than the milkshake? It’s hard to argue against it. Now that the soda fountains of the 20th century are roaring back into style, we can’t get enough of a good milkshake or malt.
The first milkshake was reportedly made by a Walgreens employee, Ivar "Pop" Coulson. He updated the pharmacy’s "chocolate malt beverage" by adding a scoop of ice cream, and the lives of ice cream lovers, sweet tooths, and soda fountains were forever changed. Heck, the blender was invented in 1922 by Stephen Poplawski just to mix up milkshakes — who knew?
Click ahead to find out how to make soda-fountain-worthy milkshakes at home (there are some boozy ones in there, too!), with recipes from Martin, restaurants, and soda fountains across the country, and from our Culinary Content Network.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts