Being at home for the summer certainly has it’s benefits beyond taking a break from classes. Check out these food related reasons why being home for the summer is actually the best.
1. When you first get home and see a stocked refrigerator and pantry.
2. Not having to plan how your groceries will last you for the rest of the week.
3. Not worrying about your roommates eating the food in your pantry.
4. Waking up to your favorite breakfast courtesy of Mom or Dad.
5. Going to the grocery store and picking out the slightly more expensive versions of your favorite foods because your parents are picking up the bill.
6. Not having to count your quarters for the bill when you are at a restaurant with your parents.
7. Saying goodbye to that annoying, yet cheap fallback meal you eat every week during the school year.
8. Not having to salt and pepper everything, if you lived in the dining hall.
9. And if you did live on campus, just not having to eat at the dining hall in general.
10. Having more variety of snacks for your late-night, at-home Netflix binges.
11. Being able to make all the yummy Pinterest food-finds you’ve collected throughout the school year and could not make before.
12. Having a normal sized kitchen to do normal, adult cooking in.
13. Visiting all your favorite local restaurants regularly.
14. And if you live in Texas, eating all the Blue Bell Ice Cream you can get.
View the original post, 14 Food Reasons Why Students Enjoy Being Home for the Summer, on Spoon University.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: