- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
12 Surprising Soda Flavors
Recipe of the day
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
Mushroom-flavored soda? Just like Jack in the Box’s new bacon shake, it’s for real, as bizarre as it sounds. Except, of course, this soda is not a fast-food company’s bait for consumer attention, but rather one of the many artisanal drinks on the menu at San Francisco’s new ice cream and soda shop, The Ice Cream Bar.
According to a story on NBC Bay Area’s Food and Drink blog, the retro soda fountain’s creative menu offers "the option to customize from a list of 13 syrups (including chicory coffee, chocolate, and pistachio), 24 house-made extracts (such as dill weed, nutmeg, and rosemary), and the daily selections from more than 75 tinctures, also crafted in-house." The mushroom soda, dubbed Touch of Grey, is made with cream, acid phosphate (which adds tartness), and candy cap mushroom syrup. Apparently, it was surprisingly good.
Sure, you expect to find such unique, off-the-wall creations at this kind of house-made soda program. But really, there are plenty of surprising and unusually flavored sodas being produced around the world. Check out our list of 12 of the most unique.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts