117-Year-Old New York Rao's Opening Branch in Hollywood
Recipe of the day
- Mariscos German’s Fish Voted the Best Taco in San Diego
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
Grub Street reports that Rao's Restaurant Group will be opening at 1006 Seward St. in Hollywood, hoping for a late spring/early summer opening. Currently, there is also a Rao's in Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.
"We’ve had our eye on California for quite some time and think opening a Rao’s in Hollywood is a natural progression for our family," Frank Pellegrino Jr., co-owner and managing partner, said in a press release. "The people of Southern California represent a large portion of our guests in Las Vegas, and many have become good friends of ours. We can’t wait to have a Rao’s in their backyard to call home."
The original Rao's is known for having a history of mafia connections, along with hard-to-get reservations thanks to celebrities (ahem, Woody Allen) practically "owning" tables. We imagine the Hollywood location would have similarly influential clientele, as Rao's would probably be a great place to have a business power lunch. Just don't cross the wrong folks.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts