117-Year-Old New York Rao's Opening Branch in Hollywood
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- McDonald’s Is Bringing Back the Hamburglar and He Looks Really Weird
- European Union Investigating McDonald’s Rumored $1 Billion Tax Loophole
- Woman Escapes Dangerous Hostage Situation by Ordering Pizza Hut
- America’s 25 Best Barbecue Chains
- Amazing Delivery Man Manages to Deliver Pizza After Getting Stabbed
Grub Street reports that Rao's Restaurant Group will be opening at 1006 Seward St. in Hollywood, hoping for a late spring/early summer opening. Currently, there is also a Rao's in Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.
"We’ve had our eye on California for quite some time and think opening a Rao’s in Hollywood is a natural progression for our family," Frank Pellegrino Jr., co-owner and managing partner, said in a press release. "The people of Southern California represent a large portion of our guests in Las Vegas, and many have become good friends of ours. We can’t wait to have a Rao’s in their backyard to call home."
The original Rao's is known for having a history of mafia connections, along with hard-to-get reservations thanks to celebrities (ahem, Woody Allen) practically "owning" tables. We imagine the Hollywood location would have similarly influential clientele, as Rao's would probably be a great place to have a business power lunch. Just don't cross the wrong folks.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts