- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
11 SkyMall Food Gadgets You Don’t Need
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Exploring a Foreign City? Follow Anthony Bourdain’s Dos and Don’ts for New Culinary Adventures
- Free Airplane Snacks! The Tastiest Treats in Coach
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
With phones, computers, mp3 players, tablets, e-readers, and (insert whatever electronic device) turned off before takeoff, many of us are left to actually observe our immediate airplane surroundings. If you don’t have a book, haven’t hit it off with your neighbor, prefer not to stare blankly at the tarmac through the window, or can’t doze off, you may have discovered a gem of modern consumerism in the pouch at your knees.
Usually with nothing better to do, many airline travelers flip through the pages of SkyMall. Infamous for selling (mostly) useless products at exorbitant prices and in a way that convinces viewers that they really need that mini light saber that "safely kills 99% of targeted bacteria," the in-flight publication can be as addictive to scan as the products are ridiculous to buy.
Some of the most entertaining products found in SkyMall just happen to food-related. From adjustable waistband stretchers to a USB warmer with a four-port hub, this outlet has all of your food needs (that you never really had and probably never will) covered. Check out our slideshow for some of our favorites.
But really, how did you ever get by without a Princess Leia Bikini Apron?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts