11 Last-Minute Thanksgiving Getaways
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
If you’ve put off booking Turkey Day travel or are just put-off at the idea of staying home for the holidays, there are plenty of last-minute Thanksgiving getaways available.
Those who didn’t book early for Thanksgiving are in luck — people who booked in the summer may have paid 13 percent higher for their airfare, according to Kayak.com. The cheapest flights that allow an on-the-ground Thanksgiving dinner depart Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, and return Nov. 27. Avoiding flights on Nov. 21 and Sun, Nov. 25 is cost-effective, as these fares are 20 percent higher than average, suggest the folks at Kayak.
These Thanksgiving trips are all all-in-one Thanksgiving celebrations, including Thanksgiving meals and accommodations in the package. From Thanksgiving sweets and cocktails at 45 Park Lane across the pond in London to small towns closer to home, these easy and inexpensive trips will make you thankful you have time off to travel.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts